are some links in our revamped web site
Help fund STW™ laboratory by shopping on line at our store
Become A Sponsor
Please Contact Us
The material posted is compliments of Mike Adams and is shared as
educational material only
Drinking water news: Fluoride contamination
CDC Adjusts Fluoride Poisoning Of America’s Water Supply To A Lower Level Archive One Year Ago
|(See all articles…)
Join our new “No Fluoride” Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/no.fluoride
(NaturalNews) The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) today issued a startling report that admits 2 in 5 children in America show signs of fluoride poisoning (streaking, spotting or pitting of teeth due to dental fluorosis). The agency concluded that fluoride levels need to be loweredin municipal water supplies, reducing fluoride to 0.7 milligrams per liter (the previous recommended upper limit was 1.2 milligrams per liter). This ends over five decades of the U.S. government recommending up to 1.2 milligrams of fluoride in every liter of water. But even the new lower levels are still more than enough to cause serious harm to children, and when mothers make infant formulausing fluoridated tap water, they inadvertently poison their infants with hundreds of times the level of fluoride that would normally be found in healthy human breast milk.Click this link to see images of what fluoride does to human teeth: (warning, graphic images!)
Fluoride is still a poison
It’s so rare to find any agency of the federal government actually doing anything that even resembles a good decision these days that the CDC’s decision deserves some level of kudos. Even though it doesn’t end the destructive practice of poisoning the water supply with fluoride, it’s a step in the right direction. But it doesn’t go nearly far enough, say industry watchdogs.
“It’ a good start that they’ve finally recognized that after 65 years they needed to lower the ‘optimal’ level of fluoride,” Professor Paul Connett told NaturalNews. He’s the executive director of the Fluoride Action Network (www.FluorideAlert.org), which is spearheading the fight against water fluoridation in the United States. “It should have happened years ago.”
Connett goes on to explain why the CDC’s decision doesn’t go nearly far enough:
“The bad news is that the CDC and ADA are still trying to maintain that the only issue of concern is dental fluorosis [while] they are trying to ignore all the other health concerns. If they were really serious about reducing dental fluorosis, they would stop fluoridated water altogether. But short of that, if they were really serious, then the next best thing would be to warn parents in fluoridated communities not to use fluoridated tap water to make baby formula. That’s the most practical thing to do.”
It is unknown how many children in America and around the world have been poisoned by infant formula made with fluoridated tap water, but that number continues to grow each day that water fluoridation continues.
Is the announcement a P.R. stunt?
About the CDC’s motives for this announcement, Connett characterizes it as a bit of a P.R. stunt:
“All that’s happening here is really a P.R. exercise to make it look as if they are addressing the public’s concerns without really doing anything substantial. [They] give the message that they’re going to choose a level which would allow the water fluoridation program to continue. That’s a travesty of science and another example where these Washington based agencies are more interested in protecting a policy than in protecting the health of the American people.”
“They’ve completely ignored all the IQ studies and the notion that fluoride damages the brain,” Connett explains.
Connett isn’t the only one hoping to see the CDC ban fluoride outright. ABC News is reporting today that Dr Griffin Cole, a dentist in Austin, Texas, said, “I still don’t think it’s enough, honestly,” he said. “I don’t think there should be fluoride in the water at all.”
“Ingesting fluoride in any form does nothing for your teeth,” he said (http://abcnews.go.com/Health/fluoride-recommendations-buck-decades-de…). He also points out that dental fluorosis leads to costly (i.e. high-profit) dental work being needed to restore the patient’s teeth. “When you see a case of somebody coming in with bad fluorosis, to restore those teeth you either have to crown them completely or at least do a veneer. So it’s a very costly thing to fix.” That’s sort of the whole point of fluoride, actually: To bring in repeat business to dental offices around the country. It’s the same scam as mercury fillings which crack teeth and result in a steady stream of repeat business to repair the damage. Over half of today’s practicing dentists have already stopped using mercury fillings (“silver fillings”) due to the toxicity of mercury .
Fluoride is dangerous to your health – here’s why
Even though the CDC’s decision still supports water fluoridation, it nevertheless sends a powerful message across the country that too much fluoride is dangerous for your health.
This should slap shut the mouths of at least some of the fluoride-pimping dentists and doctors who have been advocating this mass poisoning of our nation for the last several decades. But there’s much more to this story that’s not being reported anywhere else.
For one thing, do you know where fluoride comes from? It turns out that so-called “fluoride” is really fluorosilicic acid, a toxic waste byproduct of the phosphate mining industry. If it wasn’t being dumped into the water supplies of major cities, it would have to be disposed as a hazardous toxic waste chemical under EPA rules.
See my fluoride CounterThink cartoon here: http://www.counterthink.com/Fluoridation.asp
When the phosphate mining industry used to release fluoride byproducts directly into the atmosphere (from the fumes of the acidic slurry used to process phosphate rock), it caused the widespread death of cattle and crops. In order to protect local livestock from fluoride poisoning, wet scrubbers were installed at the phosphate mining processing sites in order to collect the toxic fluoride and prevent it from being released into the atmosphere.
Fluorosilicic acid is derived from these wet scrubbers, then sold to cities and towns to have it dumped into the water supply. That’s one reason why so-called “fluoride” is so toxic: It’s not a naturally-occurring mineral! It’s actually a toxic waste chemical that, if it were dumped into the water supply by a terrorist, would be called a Weapon of Mass Destruction. The act of dumping it into the water, from any rational perspective, must be considered an act of terrorism.
For the CDC to limit this act of terrorism to only 0.7 mg per liter rather than 1.2 mg per liter isn’t exactly a huge victory. As Connett explains, it is actually an admission that the CDC supports the mass poisoning of the American people with a dangerous toxic chemical.
Take action to oppose fluoride New York City & San Diego –
If you live in San Diego, you may be subjected to water fluoride poisoning this year. Please use these new links that were just set up by the Fluoride Action Network:
Residents of San Diego use this link:
Non-Residents of San Diego use this link:
Also, if you live in NYC, or work in NYC or even live in the state of New York, please stay tuned to NaturalNews for upcoming action items on that front. A new bill is now slated to be introduced in New York City on January 18th that would eliminate water fluoridation throughout the city. We intend to garner grassroots support for that bill and thereby eliminate toxic fluoride from the NYC water supply.
After all, don’t NYC citizens deserve clean water? Doesn’t America? Doesn’t the entire world?
By the way, the reason some dentists so vehemently support water fluoridation is because they know fluoridation brings them repeat business in the highly lucrative cosmetic dentistry industry. If fluoride is removed from the water supply, these dentists will lose out on one of their top sources of repeat business.
Interestingly, with today’s report, the CDC has decided that “too much” fluoride is bad for you, but “a smaller amount of fluoride poison” is just fine for your health. Like I said, it’s a step in the right direction, and the CDC deserves some credit for this decision, but until the fluoride poison is removed from ALL the water in America, children are still being harmed by fluoride. The CDC has a moral and regulatory responsibility to ban fluoride from being dumped into municipal water supplies.
Let us hope this agency will soon rise to this moral standard and take action to protect the health of the American people rather than protecting the financial interests of the morally repugnant (and highly corrupt) industry of conventional dentistry.
Join our No Fluoride page on Facebook!
Join our new “No Fluoride” Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/no.fluoride
We’ll be announcing all our fluoride-related news and actions items on that page from here forward. By joining that page, you’ll be kept informed of petitions, actions items, new videos and articles about fluoride.
Thank You For Your Support,
[/four_fifth_last] [/four_fifth] [one_fifth_last]
- What Are The Facts About Fluoride
- Save the Water™ Answers the Question “What are the facts about fluoride with information from FluorideAction.Net Part 1
- Save the Water™ Answers the Question “What are the facts about fluoride with information from FluorideAction.Net Part 2
- Save the Water™ Helps Answer The Question What Is Fluoride With A Mini Video Documentary From Mike Adams
- Arsenic Turns Stem Cells Cancerous, Spurring Tumor Growth
- Save the Water™ Archives Arsenic in Juice 12/4/11 | What’s For Dinner
- Save the Water™ Archives Arsenic And Old Waste Starring The Humble Plastic Bottle
- Bill Gates Funds New Machine That ‘Could Turn Sewage Into Drinking Water’
- Save the Water™ Helps Answer The Question How Much Water Should You Drink Every Day?
- Research Shows Metal Exposure From Laundered Shop Towels May Exceed Permissible Levels Set by the EPA for Metals in Drinking Water
- Water Facts
- Chemical Facts
- Day In The Life Of A Scientist
- CEO Discusses The Water Crisis
- Improved but Not Always Safe: Despite Global Efforts, More Than 1 Billion People Likely at Risk for Lack of Clean Water
- Save the Water™ Questions and Answers: What are some of the known water pollutants?
- Crystal River Among Most Endangered Rivers in the Country. KREX News Room [We have to preserve our clean water]
- Save the Water™ Questions and Answers. What Are The True Facts About Fluoride And Your Health?
- Fluoride News In America [Aspen Times] & [KREX News Room]
- Chemicals In The Water: Problems and Solutions
- County Seeks Further Study of Nitrate Issue [recorderonline.com]
- D.C. Neighborhood Stinks In The Name Of Progress [ wtop.com] Neal Augenstein
- Why D.C. Area Tap Water May Taste, Smell Different [courtesy of wtop.com Neal Augenstein]
- In Washington: Making Endangered River Safe For Drinking. Potomac Tops List of Endangered Rivers in U.S., Group Says
- EPA to Work with Drinking Water Systems to Monitor Unregulated Contaminants [Thomas Net News]
- Research Opens Doors To UV Disinfection Using LED Technology [Phys.Org]
- Save the Water™ Questions and Answers. Whats Fracking All About? Part 2
- A Solution for Medical Needs and Cramped Quarters in Space [Source Science Daily]
- Water Usage Far Exceed Sustainability Level in the Desert Southwest, US [Source Earth Times]
- Drinking Water Week Reminds North Americans Of Incredible Value Of Water Systems
- Sewage Right to Know ! Groundbreaking Legislation [source Earth Times]
- Using Water from Wells Leads to Sea Level Rise, Cancels out Effect of Dams