July 17 2012
are some links in our revamped web site
Help fund STW™ laboratory by shopping on line at our store
Become A Sponsor
Please Contact Us
The material posted is
and is shared as
educational material only
Global water contamination news
Drinking water fears after formaldehyde chemical spill in North Bay.
Save the Water™ does not represent or endorse the postings herein or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information furnished by the author.
Date: Mon. May. 21 2012 12:56 PM ET
See Video at CTVNews.ca
Police fear a community’s drinking water may have been compromised when a truck transporting formaldehyde overturned on a northeastern Ontario highway Monday.
A tanker carrying the chemical was travelling east on Highway 63 in North Bay when it entered a ditch near Silver Lady Lane, according to Ontario Provincial Police.
Const. Shawn Fougere of the OPP’s North Bay detachment said formaldehyde began to spill from the truck, turning the crash into a public health concern.
“There has been a possible breach of the drinking water supply,” he told CTV Toronto.ca in a Monday morning phone interview.
Representatives from the Ministry of the Environment, local health authorities and “dangerous goods” experts are on scene, said Fougere.
Police protocol dictates that a half-mile area around the chemical spill must be evacuated, he added. The OPP is in the process of reaching out to North Bay residents.
According to OPP, the driver of the tanker sustained life-threatening injuries in the accident and has been transported to hospital.
Fougere said it’s unclear where the tanker was from or headed, but noted the truck was driving toward Quebec at the time of the crash.
What Is Formaldehyde?
A carcinogen found in embalming agents for human or animal remains.
Ingestion of even one ounce of liquid can cause death. Exposure over a long period of time can cause lung damage and reproductive problems in women.
- What Are The Facts About Fluoride
- Save the Water™ Answers the Question “What are the facts about fluoride with information from FluorideAction.Net Part 1
- Save the Water™ Answers the Question “What are the facts about fluoride with information from FluorideAction.Net Part 2
- Save the Water™ Helps Answer The Question What Is Fluoride With A Mini Video Documentary From Mike Adams
- Arsenic Turns Stem Cells Cancerous, Spurring Tumor Growth
- Save the Water™ Archives Arsenic in Juice 12/4/11 | What’s For Dinner