Save the Water™ does not represent or endorse the postings herein or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information furnished by the author.
are some links in our revamped web site
Help fund STW™ laboratory by shopping on line at our store
Become A Sponsor
The material posted is
Save the Water™
and is shared as
educational material only
[PDF Format] – This worksheet allows homeowners to keep track of septic system inspections and maintenance. This checklist is included in the booklet above or may also be used separately.
Groups debate over fluoridation of Wichita water
WICHITA, Kansas — A familiar debate surrounding the fluoridation of Wichita water is back.
Those for and against are raising awareness of the issue and want you to know more about your drinking water.
500 medical professionals have joined together to raise awareness of what they see as benefits and the need for optimal level fluoride in Wichita’s drinking water.
“We believe the CDC says this is good for our community and we stand by the soundand feel it would be beneficial to all our citizens in the Wichita area,” advocates Dr. Sara Meng, a dentist in Wichita.
“Everything else we put in our water is treated water to make the water safer. Putting fluoride in the water doesn’t do that,” says Michael Hicks, who is the executive director of Wichitans for Pure Water, a group opposed to fluoridation.
“Healthy diet and proper dental hygiene are the keys to preventing cavities in children and keeping this community safe,” says Hicks.
Medical professionals agree, but say that adding fluoridated water to that equation would save Kansans money.
“For example Kansas has about 58 percent of children experience dental decay by the third grade. In Sedgwick County that rate is around 71 percent and I believe we can do better by adding fluoride to strengthen their teeth,” says Dr. Meng.
“It is a physical poison to the body and we need to stop it from being in our water,” says Hicks.
To which Dr. Meng responded, “It is regulated by the EPA, standard 60 to regulate things that are added to the water so it is determined to be safe, therefore we are protected just as the EPA regulates anything else to protect our water.”
Wichita is the fourth largest city that does not fluoridate its water.
Wichitans for Healthy Teeth hopes to announce their plans to bring fluoridation to Wichita later this month.
Nothing official has been proposed just yet, both groups are raising awareness of the issue of what are the effects of drinking water contamination..fluoride contamination ?
STW™ Education Program Resource Data Base:
New STW™ service. We are now adding the educational material resources found in the past, regarding the article topics newly published.
We wish to provide you the educational material that we have discovered on issues you are interested in on one page to save you research time.
This educational material is taken from our previous fluoride articles from June 2012 and May 2012
[June 7th 2012]
- “Universal Decline of Tooth Decay” Irrespective of Water Fluoridation
- Topical Vs. Systemic Effects
- Fluoride’s Impact on Smooth Tooth Surfaces vs Pit & Fissures
- Fluoridation Cessation Studies
- Water Fluoridation & Poverty
- Overview Page
- Human Studies: Fluoride’s Impact on IQ
- Human Studies: Fluoride’s Impact on the Developing Brain (Fetuses/Infants)
- Human Studies: Fluoride’s Impact on the Adult Brain
- Animal Studies: Fluoride’s Impact on Brain (Behavior/ Learning/ Memory)
- Animal Studies: Fluoride’s Impact on Brain
- Overview Page
- Fluoride Supplementation No Longer Recommend for Newborns
- Recommendations from Dental Researchers
- Breast-fed infants protected from fluoride
- Formula-fed babies receive 100-200 times more fluoride than breast-fed babies
- High Fluoride Exposure During Infancy – A 20th Century Phenomena
- Infants have impaired ability to excrete fluoride
- Formula made with fluoridated water a risk factor for dental fluorosis
- Is dental fluorosis just a ‘cosmetic effect’?
View monthly posting’s calendar, become a subscriber or obtain RSS feed by going to the bottom index of this page.
[/four_fifth_last] [/four_fifth] [one_fifth_last]
Drinking Water Contamination