Article courtesy of India Water Review | August 10, 2012 | Shared as educational material only
Global water supply infographic is created under a Creative Commons License.
It won’t be one particular degree or field that will get the job done, many different fields will be needed in order to solve the water crisis. Students pursuing a degree in civil engineering will be needed to plan and build infrastructure. Those with environmental science degrees will be needed to survey land and make sure getting clean water to an area won’t disturb other ecosystems. Political science majors and humanities degree holders will be needed to work with officials in developing countries. Mechanical engineers will be needed to develop drinking water filtration systems. The list goes on and on, but one thing is certain, the water crisis will be solved by passionate and educated individuals.
This global water supply infographic will show you just how bad the water crisis is and it might have you thinking what you really can do with your degree to change the world.[toggle title=” India water review global water supply infographic ” height=”auto”]
- How to navigate STW ™ postings:
Monthly posting’s calendar, become a subscriber or obtain RSS feed by going to the bottom index of this page.
- Explanation of Index:
- This Months Postings: Calendar on left displays articles and pages posted on a given day.
- Current and Archived Postings: Click on the month you want to view. Most current article for the month will appear at top of screen.
- RSS Links : Obtain your RSS feeds.
- Subscribe: Subscribe to postings by entering your e-mail address and confirming your e-mail.