Hurricane Sandy: Important health information – All food and water that has come into contact with flood water should be considered contaminated and discarded

Posted in: Drinking Water News, Ground Water News, Health effects, Misc Water Issues, Water Contamination
Tags: , ,

Article courtesy of Connecticut Department of Public Health |December 6 , 2012 | Shared as educational material only

Carbon Monoxide

Gasoline-powered generators release carbon monoxide (CO) which can be deadly. If your power goes out and you are using a gasoline-powered generator for energy, be sure that the generator is installed safely and far from your home.
Never use your generator, charcoal or gas grills, gas lanterns or camping stoves indoors or in an enclosed area, like a garage.Gas stoves can produce carbon monoxide. DO NOT use your gas oven to heat your home.

For more information on carbon monoxide, go to www.ct.gov/dph/co.

Know the symptoms of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning: headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness and confusion. If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, get outside IMMEDIATELY and dial 9-1-1 from outside of your home.

Want to Donate?
Please contact us for gifts in kind - Mail your check to: P.O. Box 545934, Surfside, Fl 33154