Article courtesy of MAZLINDA MAHMOOD | July 10, 2015 | NEW STRAITS TIMES | Shared as educational material
SHAH ALAM: Water supply in Hulu Langat and Kuala Langat which was disrupted due to mechanical breakdown and contamination last month, have been fully restored.
Infrastructure, public amenities and agro-based industries executive councillor Zaidy Abdul Talib said according to information from Syabas, since yesterday, there has been no more report of water disruption received from previously affected areas.
“Our efforts and that of the agencies involved, including Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd (Syabas) and plant operators in increasing water production capacity and improving the distribution of treated water have successfully overcome water shortage.
“The Selangor state government hopes all consumers will use water sparingly especially during this festive season. Consumers are urged to ensure all taps are properly turned off including the main pipe and to inspect pipes for leaks to avoid wastage in the event of leakage before leaving home,” he said in a statement.
Zaidy said the state also sought the cooperation of all parties to report any attempt to pollute and cases of river pollution by irresponsible parties to prevent worse things from happening, adding that the state and the agencies involved will continue to monitor the situation to prevent water shortage from recurring.