Major drinking water violations committed by North Dakota’s public water systems spiked again last year and have nearly quadrupled since 2008, causing concern for the state Department of Health, an official said Thursday.
The Tuscarawas County Health Department, along with the village of Newcomerstown, Oxford Township and Tuscarawas County officials, will meet with residents of the Mizer Addition east of Newcomerstown, where traces of tetrachloroethene, or PCE, were detected following a series of groundwater tests conducted since January.
On June 17, Health Canada and the Federal-Provincial-Territorial Committee on Drinking Water updated advice for parents of young infants using tap water to prepare infant formula during blue-green algal blooms.
The Water Corporation confirmed late yesterday a failure at a pumping station caused 3.4 million litres of wastewater to spill into Safety Bay near the corner of Malibu Road and Safety Bay Road.The incident forced the closure of the beach between the Bent Street jetty and View Road and prompted warnings for people to stay out of the water and avoid fishing in the area.
These toxins can kill wild animals, farm livestock and domestic pets, while in humans they can cause rashes after skin contact and if swallowed can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, fever and muscle and joint pain.
Waters surrounding two Antarctic research stations on Ross Island contain active ingredients found in soaps, shampoos, lotions, and fragrances, collectively known as PPCPs–pharmaceuticals and personal care products.
A water sample collected on Monday in Prairie Du Sac indicated the presence of E. coli bacteria.
New research published in The Lancet by researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) found that various chemicals that many children are exposed to are having a direct effect on the creation of disorders labeled under the name ADHD as well as other mental disorders.
Anglian Water is advising residents who live in Upper Boddington in Northamptonshire to boil their tap water before drinking it.
Researchers who are trying to improve the region’s drinking water sourced from Hartwell Lake hope an in-depth analysis will reveal the cause of the algae bloom that created taste and odor problems in residents’ tap water.
Anglian Water seem to be having trouble keeping their tap water to a safe standard, this is the second time they have had to put out warnings to boil before drinking due to a contamination.